Devil may cry 3 mission 5
Made Me Cry
2013.05.12 22:23 fostok Made Me Cry
/MadeMeCry is for any content that may have got to you and made you cry or well up.
2012.04.16 22:01 terrSC Devil May Cry
Where we celebrate the Devil May Cry series...
2011.08.30 22:48 Lsmoothies Far Cry
Covering all things Far Cry. Discuss the Far Cry series, share your custom maps, or party up with other players!
2023.05.28 08:12 staymasaya Studying in SBU Law
Someone PMed me about the Pros and Cons of studying in San Beda Mendiola and this is so far what I can provide. As someone who experienced SBU and another better school.
First of all, the horror stories na mababasa mo dito sa reddit are true. Nung una nagbubulag-bulagan lang ako. Sabi ko, "ayy di naman yan totoo, nasa student na yan". But people there na andoon pa rin can testify na totoo talaga.
PROs: 1. May pangalan talaga ang SBU. Mataas kasi passing rate nila. So far yan lang ang alam kong lamang nila as compared to other schools. Pero ang UP and ADMU mas may pangalan. If kaya mo, UP or ADMU ka na lang.
CONs: 1. Corrupt ang school. Peperahan ka talaga. 2. Wala masyadong scholarship. 3. Madaming tamad na prof. 4. Hindi magaling magturo ang mga prof. 5. Retention requirements can be unreasonable. 6. Depende sa block mo, may mga toxic na block. Pero sa experience ko, okay ang block ko noon. Pero may mga mahahangin pa rin talaga. 7. May politika. Magwowonder ka na lang yung kaklase mo na di nakakasagot sa recit tapos di matataas sa exams ay makakapasa. 8. Palakasan system. If may connection ka sa loob, maswerte ka. 9. Ang daming instances na walang pasok. Sayang sa tuition. 10. Madaming power tripper na prof pero yung iba nagbabasa lang naman ng libro kapag nagtuturo. 11. Hindi mo gaanong mafifeel ang student organizations sa kanila 12. The Bedan way of teaching law for me is di naman talaga nakakatulong sa students. Training daw pero you will learn better sa ibang schools promise. 13. The inspiring profs are resigning. 14. Yung mga nagtuturo sa kanila mga bedan din karamihan. Siguro to preserve the culture. Magagaling sila for sure na lawyers but they are not good teachers. 15. Actually madami pa hahaha basa ka na lang dito sa reddit.
For me, best decision ko na kusa akong umalis sa SBU. Hindi nila ako niluwa kasi okay naman grades ko. Napapangitan lang talaga ako sa sistema nila.
Pero if gusto mo pa rin sa SBU, bahala ka na jan.
For me lang ha, wala na naman masyadong lamang kung graduate ka sa Beda. If name habol mo, galingan mo sa exams and mag UP ka. ALS okay talaga kaso mahal tuition. Hehehe.
submitted by staymasaya
to LawStudentsPH [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 08:11 bloodysauna constant crisis in life
| || |
repetitive massive upheaval (negative) regarding friendships, jobs, and any type of stability with a lethal dose of loss. the only constant thing SEEMS to just be loss honestly. what could be the cause of this? i’ve heard some things about my grand fixed cross + scorpio moon submitted by bloodysauna to AskAstrologers [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 08:10 DirtyDeath69 Towers of Midnight review
Wheel of time book 13 - Towers of Midnight (Or, A Memory of Light part 2/3)
Courage to strengthen Fire to blind Music to dazzle Iron to bind
Spoiler free section-
I expected alot from this book because of things it implied. But, damn it felt like the biggest betrayal a wot book has given me. It's not the worst book by any means. It's just the book that dissapointed me the most, because I had huge expectations. I love many parts of it, but that ending I waited for 3 books was given way too abruptly. Also that boring start to the Perrin storyline was too annoying to sit through. I could forgive that structure because Sanderson was dividing 1 book to 3. But god damn, did it have to be that frustrating?
Spoiler filled section -
"In that day, when the One-Eyed Fool travels the halls of mourning, and the First Among Vermin lifts his hand to bring freedom to Him who will Destroy, the last days of the Fallen Blacksmith’s pride shall come. Yea, and the Broken Wolf, the one whom Death has known, shall fall and be consumed by the Midnight Towers. And his destruction shall bring fear and sorrow to the hearts of men, and shall shake their very will itself."
I honestly didn't want to write this review. I'm already in 23rd chapter of the last book. I couldn't wait at all. Anyway, here's something I could spare. Lan
I liked the 2 became 5, 5 became 12 and 12 became 1000s chapters. But it'll be an understatement to say I was highly disappointed in the "golden crane flies to tarmon gaidon" moment. I thought it'd be something big. But I guess being realistic has its problems. Rand
I absolutely loved every part he was in. I wanted more of him. But it was probably good that he wasn't much in this book. The way he literally walked to the hall of servants with 26 Aes Sedai shielding him was cool af. I really disliked how he put forth the breaking seals argument. But now I get why he did that.
That moment he walks to Tam and hugs him, then cries, is probably my favourite scene from the book. Made me tear up a little ngl. Him starting to fix things was really a great role to have in this book. And that shadow will not have Maradon moment was freaking amazing.
His conversation with Nynaeve was such a great moment. It felt like her character reached her end point after this and her Aes Sedai raising to shawl. God I love her so much. Egwene
Man, how could one book make me love a character so much then the next book she becomes annoying? Egwene is just that. This book ruined a lot of her character. I said it in my previous review that she's becoming a bit like Elaida and it's clearly shown here. The power has corrupted her mind ngl.
I mean I could understand not allowing Rand to break the seals, he needed to give more explanation. But, tying Perrin up in the middle of a Saidar battle? Is she even human? What if Perrin didn't know how to control wolf dream? That part made me dislike her alot.
I love how Perrin just vanishes Balefire and Egwene is stunned. "It's just a weave" She finally uses this technique to get a forsaken in her defeat list. Perrin
I loved many parts of it ngl. But as Mike's book reviews said, it was something he should have done in like Lord of Chaos or something.
The trial was fine, but the things leading upto the trial was abomination. Like dude we've been spoiled about the meeting with Galad in previous book. Why stall it so much? After the trial tho it gets better.
I freaking love Telaranrhiod fights. They're a treat to read. Such a fun way to battle.
The weapon making scene was gorgeous. I didn't realise till I read someone mentioning how the hammer was like Mjonir that I realised the name Mahelenier or something was a reference. Now I call it Mjolnir in my mind.
Slayer needed to be defeated in this book man. We already have way too much to do in the last book. I don't even like the villain except for the mystery of how 2 people could be 1.
I already talked about how Egwene was insufferable when she tied up Perrin. I freaking loved it when he put her on her place by saying "it's just a weave". Superior dominance. Mat
I started to see the changes in Mat in this book. Sanderson really didn't fully get his character. It felt weird reading him most of the time. I was mostly anticipating him in big role in this book but damn if this book wasn't a disappointment.
Of course he has to talk with Elayne and have most of the book being in Camelyn doing nothing. Elayne was better in this book. Tho that Perrin execution part had me rolling my eyes.
The reunion of Mat and Perrin was underwhelming tbh. Also I'll spoil that other taveren reunions are just as underwhelming.
Then we arrive at the snakes and foxes tower. It was good to read mostly but was over too quickly. The ashandarei escape was a nice one. I always wondered why would they give him that when he didn't ask. Idk, something just didn't click with me in this part. I wished it to be longer and explore the world more. Aviendha
Actually forget about any favourite moments I said before. The rhuidean moments never fail to leave my jaws hanging. God damn that was some heart wrenching scene. Showed how the Seanchan are the only compelling villains in the whole series.
submitted by DirtyDeath69
to wheeloftime [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 08:09 Short_Algo $OKE Awaiting Short Signal based off 11 signals $1,287 net profit 3.64 profit factor 81% win rate on a 15-min chart. Free trial at https://t.co/yI1SPn9F3r https://t.co/VoxgxuLRRG
2023.05.28 08:08 ambsv37 2 weeks until June
After getting my worst score last weekend since February, I took it slow this week, regrouping and attempting to get my brain back to form.
Needless to say, I’m glad I did.
This is my highest PT score yet. I don’t have many people I can share these small wins with, but I’m glad we have this community to uplift and support eachother through this tedious and harsh process.
Let’s get it, June test takers. Final home stretch
submitted by ambsv37
to LSAT [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 08:06 cvampagnepaji Current iOS 16 Setup
2023.05.28 08:05 Jack_Randle Discussion: The feasibility of a idea on how to make "living world" servers actually feel like a living world. Without taking into consideration in game rewards and economy for the moment.
Most Living World/West Marches games are simple roleplaying discords with one-shots tossed in. And, to be fair, pulling off a "living world" vibe is extremely difficult, especially when the GM teams of these servers attempt to consider or account for the individual influence that every player has over the world. While I do have something in mind that can possibly allow for a singular player to influence the meta-narrative, I personally doubt its feasibility. More on the individual later; for now, let's bring the scope back to the server level.
The obvious way to make a living world feel dynamic is to have the player base exert a clear effect on the world they're playing in. The issue lies in the methods used to achieve this. Either every mission run by the GMs can have an effect on the game world, or only a select few.
The problem with the first method is the amount of accounting and lore-keeping required for the GM/dev team, especially if the player base of the living world is well into the hundreds. Assuming a hundred players play weekly in parties of four, that would be the lore of twenty-five missions that the dev team needs to take into account regarding how the game world is affected. Most living worlds use after-action reports for this, but from what I've seen, living worlds allow players to participate in multiple games a week. So realistically, the number of after-action reports is far greater than twenty-five.
The second method, while certainly easier to account for, may leave players who didn't participate in the "world event" mission feeling left out. There's also the issue of the direction of the meta-narrative and which GMs get to run the "world event" missions. I like to call these a "living world" for the lucky few.
So, how do we bridge the massive gap between minimal accounting of missions and allowing every mission to affect the game world at large? The following is what I wish the discussion to revolve around:
For the moment, without taking into account the scale of the player base (though I will touch upon this later), how feasible and "immersive" would it be to have a living world server that utilizes world events shaped by player base input, actions, and inactions? The player base could be split into X number of factions who decide among themselves what their faction wants to achieve for the week or whatever duration the GM team allows for missions to run.
It can be as simple as the entire player base deciding, via majority vote, on the goal for the allotted time period. For example, the player base may decide to establish permanent contact with the planes of Hell for whatever reason. The GM team would then have a clear idea of what the player base wants to achieve, providing a simple prompt for them to prepare their sessions. The GMs would have considerable freedom to run their games as they see fit, with some stipulations. The main one being that the missions they run cannot directly achieve the player base's goal. Instead, every successful adventure conclusion should in some way contribute to the player base's goal.
Sessions could involve hunting cultists, battling devils and hellhounds, finding forbidden tombs and tomes, making deals with denizens of hell, and countless other ideas that contribute to the "living world" goal. What about those who wish to pursue something different within the player base? This is likely to happen in "living world" servers with larger player counts. So, instead of permanently being in contact with the plane of Hell, the second largest request could be to build an airship or accrue funds to buy one. A second faction within the player base would be created to pursue that goal, and so on.
This is simple in theory but easier said than done, I know. The main issue that is apparent to me, at least, is determining appropriate breakpoints for multiple factions. And because this is a discussion, please point out other issues I may not currently see.
On a small server scale lets say one with GM and nine players, I would argue that multiple factions defeat the purpose of the shared "living world." If you feel otherwise, please feel free to tell me why. With that said, what about on a much larger scale? Let's say a hundred players. Two factions of fifty players each? Four factions of twenty players each? Ten factions of ten players each?
After writing all of the above, I realized that perhaps trying to interweave a singular player's influence over the living world is an exercise in frustration, especially for larger servers. Though I will still share my thoughts on the matter, the RP channels of these "living worlds" are ultimately recreational. However, if they were to be used as an incentive to possibly gain a personal quest reward or something along those lines, a monthly anonymous player vote could be implemented.
submitted by Jack_Randle
to rpg [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 08:05 SomerandomBumframe For anyone who's thinking about doing Spec Ops
There are a few things you need to know.
First off, they are designed to make you fail.
- You need Regenerative Materials, Vengeance and AP Rounds. That means the op you're going to bring needs to be at least level 11. If you have an op at lv15, Shooting Posture or Respiratory Training go in the last slot. If you don't have them, get them, otherwise you're wasting your time and everyone else's who gets matched with you. Bots in SO do more damage, are more accurate and have higher total counts per mission than Sweep.
- You need RM so you can bring ammo packs. The game purposely does not provide enough ammo in the majority of them to complete it otherwise.
- You need Vengeance. Even Buggy, Karavai and Bard will struggle during the bot rush sections. If you go down, you take a -10 penalty to your total HP. You do not want to get downed.
- You need AP Rounds. Not Heavy Barrel. Every bullet needs to count. Canglong is the exception, in which case use Quick Release Mags.
- Unless you know you're going to be frequently using you're ability, use Shooting Posture in the 4th slot if you can, for the same reason as 3. Bring Medkits and Ammo unless you're the medic. Use Shooting Posture if you are the medic.
- Bots are legit aim bots. Pick a spot, pick a firing line, stick with it. Do not wiggle like an idiot thinking it's going to help you dodge. It won't. It will get you shot accidentally by one of your team mates. Get used to purposely avoiding having your reticle or movement in a position where it's going to line up with an ally. If your reticle turns blue, immediately stop shooting.
- SO Support Officers have a ton of armor and HP and do an equally massive amount of damage. Enemy Medics can and will cost you the match if they aren't killed as quickly as possible. APR will help massively with Supports, headshot Medics to stun them. If you have to dump a full mag into a Medic to kill them, do it.
- You need to be able to headshot consistently with your op, unless you're using Canglong. A headshot stun is the difference between being dead.
- If someone who's around account level lv50+ says something, listen to them. There are a ton of little tricks to manipulate bot spawn patterns, cheese difficult objectives and make each mission much easier in general.
- Stick together, do not rush, never start an interactable objective until everyone's ready. If you see someone placing mines or getting ammo, wait. Don't be like the horde of shot blocking suicidal noobs in Sweep who immediately interact with or run into everything they see, you will not win. Every death counts against your time, syringes, hp total, medics stamina and overall resources.
The operators to use... Voron, Koszmar Kit, Prorok Buggy, Karavai, Bard Canglong, Scout, Vidarr
Koszmar are Prorok are specifically for maps that need you to prevent a bot from deactivating something you activated. Emir and Al Malik in particular. The gas tick makes bots flinch out of their interaction animation, and enter a loop where they try to interact, flinch, try to interact, flinch, etc. This will also break the AI of other bots near them, as they'll keep "deciding" which of them goes to try to turn the generator off. Prorok can also smoke the generator at the first part of Emir, turn it off by himself, then continuously keep gas on it.
Voron, Kit and Canglong have claymores/ mines. Use them. The two paths to the right of the control room at the start of Dam, either side of the triple gen room in Al Malik, the paths leading up to the final spot on Al-Rabad etc. Not only will they kill the bots coming through there, they work as alerts, particularly in the triple gen room.
Buggy, Karavai and Bard have the highest healing output per minute. All of their heals can affect everyone on the team in one cast. Buggy also has Iron Curtains, which will save you from insta wipes due to grenades and rockets. Bard also has team wide damage reduction which can save you during rushes. All three also have good guns for Medics, though you need to get Bard leveled to the point where he gets his vert grip.
Scout and Vidarr are specifically for the Mall. They work on Al Malik as well, but you have to go through a lot of Support Officers at the end. Cang is usually a better choice for that, due to his cloak and 4 mines.
This is a lot to keep in mind, but SO is not easy mode. We used to farm these for credits. Now it's nearly impossible to get consistent clears. The in-game requirements for unlocking the mode are no where near high enough to give players a chance at clearing them.
submitted by SomerandomBumframe
to CaliberGame [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 08:05 SeptemberFlower Adult adenotonsillectomy positive recovery + tips
I’m day 23 post op, 99% of my scabs fell off painlessly, and feeling better than ever so wanted to share my recovery story.
I’m a 22F who had my tonsils and adenoids removed. Day 1 to 10 were the most difficult period in terms of pain and discomfort. Around day 12 was when I began to feel a little better everyday. I was not given strong pain meds, and so my recovery was slow. I also developed temporary VPI, where my soft palate didn’t close properly and I had nasal regurgitation— liquids going up my nose. It has taken three weeks to get better and it’s almost gone. The only thing that hasn’t resolved completely is the lack of taste, but that too is improving day by day. I’ve begun eating spicy foods and crunchy stuff, feels so good to eat normally again!
Here’s what I followed—
- Eating solids: Not everybody’s recovery is the same. With age, the recovery is supposedly longer and more painful too. Eat what you can, even if it’s liquids, make sure you have some kind of food in your system. You can start solids slowly as you’re able to tolerate them. Eating also helps with muscle spasm at the back of the throat, which makes you recover faster.
- Plan pain medications properly: Make sure you plan and take your medications at regular intervals to stay ahead of the pain.
- Don’t underestimate your recovery time: I really thought I’d be okay within a week but rest is so important. Give yourself at least two weeks before making an attempt at resuming your normal routine.
- Ice is your new BFF: Most of us can tolerate foods/drinks that are cold. Icy drinks are the best to soothe a sore throat. You can even put some on your neck for pain.
- Hydration: This is the most important thing to do after the surgery— drink PLENTY of water and other fluids. Keeping the surgery area moist helps in faster recovery, PLUS reduces risk of bleeding because if the area becomes dry, the scabs are more likely to fall off and cause bleeding.
- Getting adequate nutrition: I didn’t realise what I was doing till someone here pointed out how easy it is to get malnourished during the recovery. I was also recovering very slowly due to lack of nutrition. A nutritionist friend of mine said that protein, vitamin C, iron and zinc are some nutrients that help in healing faster. I began to drink Ensure and it really did speed up the healing.
- Get a humidifier: This tip saved my life. I was coughing so violently from throat dryness and this certainly helped keep it moist at night.
- Sleeping in an elevated position: For the first week, I had horrible ear pains that worsened at night. I put 3-4 pillows under my head to open up my airways and it also helped with the ear pain to some extent.
- Not exercising your jaw: I already have a TMJ issue and the surgery may give you jaw stiffness. Ice it and make an effort to use it gently while eating if chewing gum is hard. Not moving it at all will only make it worse!
- If you struggle with nasal regurgitation: Try not to stress. It’s hard to get any liquids in with this issue but the key is to take smaller sips. I switched to lukewarm drinks from day 15 and could tolerate it better than the icy ones which kept going up my nose. Your soft palate needs time to readjust and it usually takes a few weeks.
Good luck to anyone getting surgery and those in their recovery process. If you’ve got any questions, feel free to drop in a text! :)
submitted by SeptemberFlower
to Tonsillectomy [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 08:04 Rude_Cable_7877 Covers Album from The Beatles Ranking
- Kisses On the Bottom (Favorite Song: My Valentine)
- Rock n Roll (Favorite Song: Sweet Little Sixteen)
- Sentimental Journey (Favorite Song: Dream)
- Run Devil Run (Favorite Song: No Other Baby)
- CHOBA B CCCP (Favorite Song: Twenty Flight Rock)
submitted by Rude_Cable_7877
to beatles [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 08:03 nocturnavi VCT 2023 — Pacific League / PRX vs DRX (Grand Final) / Live Discussion Thread
VCT Pacific is one of three international leagues where teams play to qualify for Masters and Champions. It features partnered teams from Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia, and South Asia. Coverage: Liquipedia VLR.gg THESPIKE rib.gg Official Information: Website VCT 2023 VCT Pacific General Resources: VCT Ruleset Global Contract Database subreddit guide to VALORANT Esports Pacific League:
- Patch: 6.08
- Map Pool: Lotus Haven Pearl Fracture Ascent Bind Split
- Dates: March 25 – May 28, 2023
- Location: Jangchung Arena, Seoul, South Korea — Offline (LAN)
|Match ||JST/KST (local time) ||EST ||CEST ||IST ||PHT/SGT ||AEST |
|PRX vs DRX ||4:00 PM ||3:00 AM ||9:00 AM ||12:30 PM ||3:00 PM ||5:00 PM |
Broadcast Talent See Liquipedia for talent from non-English streams
- Regular Season (Mar 25 - May 16)
- Single Round Robin
- All matches are Bo3
- Top 6 teams advance
- Playoffs (May 19 - May 28)
- Double Elimination Bracket
- Lower Final and Grand Final are Bo5
- Top 3 qualify to Masters: Tokyo
submitted by nocturnavi
to ValorantCompetitive [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 08:00 Short_Algo $PCG Awaiting Buy Signal based off 6 signals $637 net profit 5.54 profit factor 83% win rate on a 15-min chart. Free trial at https://t.co/yI1SPn9F3r https://t.co/JNFsZwaDYk
2023.05.28 08:00 Short_Algo $CPRT Awaiting Short Signal based off 5 signals $631 net profit 3.68 profit factor 80% win rate on a 15-min chart. Free trial at https://t.co/yI1SPn9F3r https://t.co/klzdEFqiQ7
2023.05.28 08:00 Short_Algo $ROK Awaiting Buy Signal based off 5 signals $437 net profit 3.78 profit factor 80% win rate on a 15-min chart. Free trial at https://t.co/yI1SPn9F3r https://t.co/3gQYQjjcBp
2023.05.28 07:58 ThargUK Game crashes after log in : help please?
I am an oldish PC VR player and starting about a year ago, the game crashes after log in, whatever I do, on my system. I initially thought that it was because I am using a new hmd, but the game also crashes pancake, and others with the HMD (pico 3 new link) can play fine. Sometimes it loads the initial room for a few seconds, but it can also crash when the loading bar is at approx 40%. I have tried a LOT, including :
- validated game files many times
- reinstalled rec room 5+ times
- moved rec room / steam library instal to SSD
- opened ticket and included log file (they did try to help but no luck)
- verified it also crashes on pancake mode at same time
- verified it also crashes using revive or using virtual desktop or using display port or pico streaming.
- updated, and clean installed drivers many times
- updated .net and visual c++ stuff
- searched online
- verified it happens on new and / or junior account too
- removed all OC
- updated / reset / played with BIOS
- Checked the log myself. It's pretty verbose though so I am not sure what part may or may not indicate the problem. "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." looks problematic but who knows.
- reset all gfx card settings
- deleted AppData\LocalLow\Against Gravity\Rec Room folder.
- disabled / re-enabled steam synch while doing various of the above
- disabled all LED stuff.
- checked for related windows updates
- verified I /can/ play with the account on another system (stand alone on the HMD, with terrible fps and res)
My system :
- 16GB RAM
- plenty of disk space
- win 10
Thanks for any help!
submitted by ThargUK
to RecRoom [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 07:58 RedditRocks2021 Red Cross - June Blood Drive - $10.00 Gift Card of Choice - State of Michigan
| || |Give in June for a $10.00 e-gift card by email plus chance to win home theater package. More info here: rcblood.org/June submitted by RedditRocks2021 to FreeMichiganEvents [link] [comments]
It takes less time to donate blood than to watch a classic summer camp movie. Remember those nostalgic story lines with the thrill of adventure, new friendships and the great outdoors? Channel that excitement and those I-can-do-anything feelings to help save lives: Kick off summer with a blood, platelet or plasma donation!
When you come to give June 1-30, 2023, we’ll say thanks with a $10 gift card by email
to the merchant of your choice.* You could rent a movie or stock up on popcorn! Plus, you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win a backyard theater package
, including a laser wireless projector and screen, projector tripod, smokeless firepit, Adirondack chair set with four chairs and two tables and a movie night snack package!^^ Here’s to summer movie nights under the stars right in your backyard!
. Terms and Conditions
*Presenting donors who receive this offer and present to donate during the applicable promotional time frame are eligible to receive the above described e-gift card(s). This offer is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Limit one (1) per presenting donor unless otherwise indicated. If a presenting donor qualifies for multiple offers, the donor will only receive the higher offer unless otherwise indicated. Instructions on how to redeem the gift card will be emailed to the address listed on the presenting donor’s American Red Cross donor profile approximately thirty (30) days after attempted donation(s). All gift cards are subject to individual merchant terms and conditions, and all trademarks are property of their respective owners. Merchants and offers are subject to change. No substitutions by presenting donors. American Red Cross is not responsible for lost, damaged, corrupted or stolen gift cards and may replace any such cards at its sole discretion. Any questions or problems in connection with redeeming gift cards must be directed to the merchant.
^^Void where prohibited. Void in Puerto Rico, any US territories and outside the United States and where prohibited by law. Open to legal residents of US states and DC, age 18+ (19+ in NE and AL; 21+ in MS) at entry. Begins 12:00 a.m. ET on 06/01/23; ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 06/30/23. No purchase or donation necessary. To enter either present to donate blood at an American Red Cross blood donation facility or send an e-mail to [email protected]
and include the Giveaway name, "American Red Cross 2023 Outdoor Theater Giveaway." There is a limit of five (5) total Entries permitted per Entrant, regardless of method of Entry, during the Giveaway Period One (1) prize will be awarded to one (1) winner and winner will receive One (1) laser streaming wireless projector; one (1) tripod projector stand; one (1) outdoor projector screen; one (1) smokeless fire pit; two (2) Adirondack 3-Piece Sets with a total of 4 chairs and 2 side tables; and one (1) snack gift box. Total ARV of all prizes: $2,865. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Full rules click here
. Sponsor: American Red Cross.
. Free Cedar Fair Theme Park Ticket Red Cross Promo HERE
2023.05.28 07:58 EntertainerFeisty626 AITAH for telling my female co-workers that they might cry
My apologies for asking this, but I overthink alot, and I feel like I am the Ahole. To give some background, I (f26) work in a local owned sport-store. I started working there in the year 2021, and loved all my coworkers and management. Except for one. This coworker is a shiflead in the sports section, let's call him Jack (not his real name. But it's short for Jacka)
So when I got hired, there was another female (#1) in my department (clothing) who worked with me, she left not even three months. Due to Jack's word of her's, she was dismissed and sent home in tears. The company then hired two more females (cashiers -#2,#3), and I had kept my mouth shut and tried to keep my head down. I would also like to mention, we are allowed to keep our phones on us. It helps with new products coming into the company and searching for stuff - I use mine to let my long distance BF know I am still okay, maybe 3-5 in the 9hr shift. Jack and the rest of the males play fantasy games on their phones with customers around.
After the three months for me and the first cashier had passed, Jack and another Shiftlead (f - who left after Xmas) basically cornered me one day. The reason was it was a slow day, I checked with my customers which was 7 people in clothing asking if they needed help. I would come back at least every five minutes because you never know,they could need a size or remember something else they need. So when I got pulled into the office to have a chat about that. Because apparently it made a group feel awkward. That night I cried but took the lecture like a champ.
The next problem came about spring. Both cashiers had cried because of him and #3 had quit the job, because of his attitude. I have mentioned it to the managers in private that they need to chat about his tone of voice, aggressive behavior and as someone in a position like his, it isn't appropriate in front of customers. The manager had dismissed this multiple times - since not only Jack has a baby on the way but is best friends with the owners and managers ( who also has a small one now). They dismissed it with the excuse "we been trying." "He probably stressed."
During this, I was moved departments and been trained in three out of five department. I was placed the shoe department with the exception of moving to cash, or clothing when needed.
So Jack had made my go home and cry many times, with the other cashier(#2) who had a meltdown one time infront of customers (when training a PT girl#5 for cash). So when we hired another female (#4), that was being sent to his department. I worried. I thought since he was going to make her cry, giving a heads up on , "if he makes you cry, don't take it personally. He does have alot on his plate. With new baby on the way, he would be stress" Technically defending him. I made it my goal to say to the female workers because I really don't want them to take it personally. He will sometimes make you cry.
Well, girl #4, didn't make the three months. (There was also girl #4.5 shipping team hire but not important right now but later.) Reason was Jack again. The manager team, gave me $1.50 raise in pay and also had hired in November -dumroll please- girl#6 to be place in the clothing department. Same warning, and all. Took note of it, and this past Jan. The store had witnessed this. I was covering the day up at cash. I had a defective return and it didn't print the defective receipt. Jack had came up to cover for my hour lunch break and once I got back. Lecture me on how I did the return wrong, it was more paperwork for management and I need to do better. Because of the tone of voice I had a moment of PDST linking to something I tried blocking in childhood. I was in tears and could not calm down. Since he was the only cashier, girl #6 tried to help, but she wasn't cash trained. I left that day, because I couldn't handle my breathing and was on a verge of a panic attack. On my way out of the store he half-heartedly said sorry. I quickly explain it's his tone of voice, and it needs some work on it.
In February girl #5 (PT cashier (u18)) went to work but was feeling sick. She asked if it was okay to go home and she only came because we were short staffed, and Jack said he will think about. When lunch came around, she was running to the washroom more and more often. She demanded Jack to sent her home. And he did after giving her a lecture of how irresponsible she is (thinking she was drinking the night before - she wasn't) and sent her home in tears. A couple weeks later Girl#6 told me and thanked me for the warning. He made her cry. However Girl #6 had left in March, due to a ofter she nor her boo could refuse. A new house across the country.
So here comes two more girls, #7 and #8. Like before I gave the same warning and all. Don't take it personally. Oh boy. It was bad and good, because at the end of April, the owners and management left for Vacation, giving my a key to the store (another $1raise) but also leaving Jack in charge for the week.
So once they left, SHTF so to speak. Jack gave me a list a stuff to do, because it's my section (shoes) and how dare I leave it messing (mind you the last few months, I was located everywhere like 2day or three days in clothing, one day in cash and the other in shoes). That week would be the first in a long while, of having four days in the department. So I compliance his request, while covering cash for washroom breaks, lunch breaks and tending customers. Monday he still came in to open but left due to his day off. One tasks was writing pricetags and model on every shoe. The next day I came in early to tried and finished the stupid task he gave me. He was pissed off at me, from his words "I was wasting the owners time clocking in early. (Confirm with management that if I was working early, it's fine.) That the task he wanted me to do wasn't finished yet and how dare I open the store since clearly I don't know the procedures in the lights don't turn on... Etc." Then tells me that I wasn't the only one giving a lecture that day.
So remember that girl #4.5 the shipping team. Yeah. On Monday she had at least 35 online orders to ship out, pack and the report it to another sister store. She got a lecture on time management. Didn't cause her to cry, but had bit her tougne from swearing. Girl #8 was told on monday to put bike accessories on the wall. Wasn't told on how it he wanted and gave her basically free reign. Then lecture on her about how she did it wrong. So she need to cool down and told him with another witness she was going to help me for a bit, since she finished what he asked her. He and the male coworker stood in the same spot for hours until lunch time. He was pissed off that she wasn't working, through she was, and the male coworker back her up. She also witnessed Jack put his hand on a male PT 15year old on his face and called him fat. So low and behold, we waited for management. We told them everything. Their excuse... "We put everything on his shoulders, and it's hard to be a manager. " They tried to bribe girl#8 a raise. She gave a two week notice.
So lastly, they hired two more, #9 and #10. Like before I gave them the warning, "if he makes you cry, don't take it personally. He does have alot on his plate. With a new baby, he would be stress."
Today he made me grin and bare it until I got home a cried. He gave two lectures and was pissed off because I told first, his department covers shoes and we had breaks sorted out for cash and clothing. I was in clothing for the day. He sent me to lunch at 12:24, because clearly his own ego forgot that his department covers shoes and since there're 3 cashiers. Apparently two cashiers can't go to lunch together. Our breaks are 12, 1 or 2. I picked 2pm because I wanted to call my BF. The new cashier was going at 2 as well and covering at 1pm. So my teamate and I decided, he goes at 1pm and I stay close to help out if need. Then I got berated by Jack at 4:55, and was told he didn't like the fact I was saying to the new girls, because it's true, "if he makes you cry, don't take it personally." And he wants me fired so, he would be talking to the owner and management about my behavior, this week. I feel like I am the Asshole about this. But I don't know. My Boyfriend doesn't think I am the Asshole.
So in the end, Am I the Asshole for telling my female co-workers that they might cry.
Since he made 7/11 cry and 4/11 quit.
submitted by EntertainerFeisty626
to AITAH [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 07:57 John_vonNeumann I'm an incel who looks like a normal person from the outside, yet I've never had a gf. AMA.
- Early 30's lesbian
- 5'7" thin
- 7-8.5 physical attractiveness
- Pros: youthful, cute, long legs
- Cons: too skinny, mildly crooked teeth, dresses too casually
- Physically active with lots of cycling
- East Asian ethnicity
- Born in USA and raised mostly in USA, except for 7 months of attending school in another developed country (0.92-0.96 HDI). Spent my adult life living in all 3 states of the NYC Tri-State area and the SF Bay Area.
- Pros: high locus of control, engaging/engrossing to talk to, innocent, catlike
- Cons: autistic (not officially diagnosed), depressed, nerdy, too many controversial opinions
- Unlike the "typical" incel, I don't have any misogynistic opinions. I have just never been able to find a girlfriend. I can sort of see why I'm unattractive so I can't blame them for rejecting me.
- I've been evaluated for autism and it came out negative multiple times. But at least a dozen of my friends, family members, coworkers, manager, and acquaintances have told me I have autism. Or at least that I have an autistic personality.
- Bachelor's degree from a good US engineering school
- Unemployed since April but collecting severance + unemployment compensation. Enrolled in school since May to pursue higher education. Previously worked as a software engineer at a FAANG. Have 5 years of engineering experience.
- Spend way too much time on Team Blind
- Low sex drive
- Graduated college at age 28
- Don't own a car, which makes it hard to date
- Have very little interaction with people outside of the Silicon Valley tech bubble, which has caused a cultural disconnect from the outside world. My friends have created a group chat to help me find a gf. All of the girls they have suggested are also Silicon Valley nerd types.
- I've tried dating apps. I managed to get one match and she was interested in meeting too but lived too far away. Years later, I found out we had some mutual friends, including my roommate who went to college with her. He reached out and found out she was already married.
submitted by John_vonNeumann
to casualiama [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 07:55 Short_Algo $MTD Awaiting Buy Signal based off 10 signals $995 net profit 3.64 profit factor 80% win rate on a 15-min chart. Free trial at https://t.co/yI1SPn9F3r https://t.co/QuDPRmdic7
2023.05.28 07:55 Short_Algo $PPG Awaiting Short Signal based off 7 signals $869 net profit 8.31 profit factor 85% win rate on a 15-min chart. Free trial at https://t.co/yI1SPn9F3r https://t.co/CDuF8B1NPY
2023.05.28 07:54 SheIsFeelingSus Teenager Tips
hey all! 🤭
it's important to remember that we're all in this together. whether you're dealing with school stress, peer pressure, self-discovery, or simply trying to figure out who you are, know that you're not alone. Here's a little reminder to embrace the journey and make the most out of these years.
- Embrace Your Individuality: You are unique, and that's something to celebrate! Don't be afraid to explore your interests, passions, and talents. Discover what makes you tick, and embrace your individuality with pride. It's okay to be different and stand out from the crowd.
- Embrace Failure as a Learning Opportunity: Mistakes happen, and they're an essential part of growth. Instead of dwelling on failures, view them as valuable lessons. Embrace them, learn from them, and keep moving forward. Remember, failure doesn't define you; it's how you bounce back that truly matters.
- Embrace the Power of Friendship: Friends are the family we choose, and they can be a tremendous source of support and joy during our teenage years. Surround yourself with positive influences, genuine friends who uplift and inspire you. Cultivate meaningful connections and be there for one another through thick and thin.
- Embrace Self-Care: Amidst the chaos of teenage life, it's crucial to take care of yourself. Make time for self-care activities that help you relax, recharge, and maintain your well-being. Whether it's journaling, practicing mindfulness, exercising, or pursuing a hobby, prioritize your mental and physical health.
- Embrace Learning and Growth: High school or college can feel overwhelming at times, but remember that education is a powerful tool for personal and professional development. Approach your studies with curiosity, engage in extracurricular activities that ignite your passions, and never stop seeking knowledge. Embrace the growth mindset and believe in your ability to achieve great things.
- Embrace Open Communication: Communication is key in any relationship, including the one you have with yourself. Learn to express your thoughts, feelings, and concerns openly. Seek support from trusted adults, such as parents, teachers, or counselors, who can guide you through the challenges you may face. Remember, you don't have to go through everything alone.
- Embrace Your Dreams: Dare to dream big and pursue your aspirations with unwavering determination. Whether it's a career path, a creative endeavor, or a personal goal, believe in yourself and take steps towards making your dreams a reality. Don't let fear or self-doubt hold you back—your potential is limitless.
Remember, being a teenager can be a bumpy ride, but it's also an incredible time of self-discovery, growth, and exploration. Embrace the ups and downs, cherish the friendships you make, and learn from every experience that comes your way.
share your stories, seek advice, and lift each other up in the comments below. let’s support one another!
hope this helps at least somebody 🤗
submitted by SheIsFeelingSus
to teenagers [link] [comments]
2023.05.28 07:52 cemorn Grey Knight Reaction!
It's a bit late, but I've been thinking about the grey knight community post and wanted to share my reactions and thoughts.
List of Changes
Flash-Step: auto advance 6" + Fly; currently this has 0 damage implications. No assault weapons, no advance and charge. There MAY be something when the index releases, but I sincerely doubt it. That being said, this will still be a very useful ability. Movement is the most important part of the game. You can guarantee you'll get your units into cover, or out of LoS, or onto an objective, or into a screening position. Even being able to move over units (probably your own when you accidentally move block yourself), or on top of buildings (For +1 AP, and possibly denying charges) is going to be super useful. I think I've seen a lot of people dismissing this ability, but after teleport assault I think it's going to be the most definitive GK ability.
2+ armor, army wide: This pairs nicely with game-wide AP decreases. It also lets GK dodge the "space marine 3+ in cover" curse. GK should have an armor save against almost every weapon. I like this, as in 8th and 9th I resented that GK didn't have an invuln. Overall though, I think GK are going to feel about as durable as they do now, as the benefit is only going to be a 16% increase for some units against certain weapons.
Mono-Force Weapon Profile: Locking every force weapon into the halberd profile is meh. I feel mixed about it. On one hand, I thought it was kinda cool to choose the weapon of each of my little dudes. On the other hand, all it boiled down too was "spam whatever is best right now". I really wanted them to lock down the weapon balancing act so the way I loaded out each squad WAS an actual choice. I am bummed that they removed the thunder hammer and the warding stave. Having the option for anti-tank or invulns gave GK squads flexibility within shifting metas. Its weirdly a bigger nerf than it should be now that GK has lost most of its anti-tank.
Purgation Squad: All of their ranged weapons lost Heavy, which is nice as you'll probably want to move and shoot them each turn with 12-24" range. With the loss of Tides, all weapons will probably be stuck at 24" range too. But with the free deepstrikes and the ability to shoot from behind cover, I think Purgations squads might be one of the best targets for teleport assault. You should always be able to have a target for a purgation squad to shoot at without exposing themselves to counterfire. It might be pretty easy to keep 3 of these alive the whole game with 0 investment. That kind of return on investment might make 3 of these squads an auto include (especially if you're spamming Dreads in the elite slot for anti-tank, instead of NDKs). Target wise, they are basically geared for different versions of anti-infantry. Psycannons with a strength of 8 will only tickle light vehicles now (like T9 rhinos) , but seem like very cost efficient anti-marine guns. At a glance these seem the most competitive ranged option now (given the low range on incinerators, and that the storm bolters on every GK model do the same job as psilencers), but that really depends on how they're pointed.
GMNDK: I've seen a lot folks really angry about the loss in BS/WS. Personally, I like the loss in WS/BS! They've had to artificially limit units like this (like tau commanders, smash captains) to one per detachment. I think the GMNDK outcompeted the NDK profile by too wide a margin. They fill the same role, just the GMNDK does it better. It seems like here, they're trying to differentiate them a bit. With the cheaper strats and the full re-rolls vs monsters/vehicles, it seems like they still only want you to take one of them as a tech-piece. Both previewed strats would be awesome on the GMNDK at 1CP. And now there's design space for the NDK to have its own unique rule to differentiate its role further! Weapons wise, the psilencer losing AP and the incinerator gaining range makes me consider swapping them out. The psycannon looks like it got worse; losing AP and not having enough strength to threaten heavy tanks will really set it back. I think we'll still have to take it anyways, since our other anti-tank is so limited. I like the toughness increase. even though most anti tank will rise to match it, infantry S4 weapons will now wound NDKs on a 6. NDK's used to take a lot of damage from S4 weapons wounding it on a 5+, and with their 4+ invuln it was one of the more reliable ways to kill them. Melee-weapon wise the great-hammer really seems like the only way to go now. The dude is kitted out for going HAM on veh/mon, so there's no reason to take a sword that is kinda shit against infantry. Maybe it'll be different on the NDKs.
Purifying Flame: This was disappointing. It makes purifiers about as good at killing GEQ equivalents as purgators with psilencers, while still retaining their melee capabilities. A nice shooting buff, but even though it has better range I would say it's worse than before, as killing light infantry has never been a GK issue, and those guaranteed 3 mortals could do work into characters, monsters and vehicles. And even then you hardly ever considered this unit. Purifiers could have an ability that makes them relevant on their datasheet, but unless its really good I think these guys might sit out 10th edition as well. Has there ever been an edition where purifiers were relevant?
Haloed in Soulfire: For 2CP, this seems too expensive. This kind of CP only feels worth it on a Paladin brick. Which who knows, maybe that'll be optimal. But for 1 CP, it seems pretty worth it on a GMNDK. I think this will let you operate your singular GMDNK with similar impunity as the Sigil of Exigence allowed.
Radiant Strike: Same deal as Haloed in Soulfire. Exact same. Too expensive for anything but a paladin brick or at half price for a GMNDK. It further cements the role of the GMNDK as an anti-vehicle/monster unit.
And the best for last!
Teleport Assault: 3x re-deepstrike, starting from 2nd turn
This is huge. There have been comments saying that its easy to screen out, that skilled players won't let it work. I think this is one of the most bonkers abilities in the game. I'm astonished something of this power level has been given to any faction, let alone grey knights. So previously, we could kinda do this, with Gate and Teleport Shunt (on interceptors/NDKs). But we were limited to either a 7+ roll (which you often spent 1-2 CP on to guarantee it went off when you needed it, along with the range limitation) or 2CP to shunt either NDKs or interceptors, which then couldn't be targeted by the stratagem later.
It is true that it will be relatively easy for large armies/good players to screen you out of obviously advantageous positions. However, there's no opportunity cost for this ability. There's no range on Gate or a failed psychic test to limit you. You're not limited by CP, and you can target units that have already been targeted by it. Your shooting units are threatening the whole board the entire game with this ability. Your opponent can't kill off your librarian, or wait for you to be out of CP. On top of that, you perform jukes. You can deploy units heavily to one side of the table, then force your opponent to move units over there to counter you, then you can remove all of your units onto the other side of the board. Your opponent won't be able to match your mobility, and will have committed resources to a side of the board where they can't contribute. In other words, its a chess fork: if they don't move units to respond to where you are piling up units, you will sweep that side of the board, possibly into his backline. And if they do move units onto that side of the board, you can freely redeploy onto the other side of the board, losing literally nothing. I think a lot of Grey Knights playstyle in 10th edition will revolve around leveraging this army rule.
Anti-Tank damage looks a lot worse. Currently, we can hit big models with empyric amplification to power up NDK shooting, and Swordbearers can give all vehicles +1 to hit and wound. Storm bolters can plink off 1-2 wounds reliably with psybolt ammunition. Paladins with thunder hammers can go to town. Every unit has a smite, every unit can inflict mortals in melee and we have the mortal wound librarian. Quite a few options for reliably dealing damage to high toughness and high save targets. None of these will be in the next edition. Mini-psycannons and big psycannons won't be able to cut it with the new toughness'. They each needed +2 strength to be relevant against tanks in this brave new world.
GMNDK melee will slap cha/mon/veh, but it seems like we still have no reliable ways of getting it, or anything else, into melee.
Thats basically only leaves the lascannons/multimeltas on dreadnoughts, razorbacks, land raiders and stormravens. Everything (except dreads) are also paying for transport capacity, so they tend to be pretty inefficient as weapons platforms. And with the new mobility rules for grey knights, transports seem kind of redundant. Their points costs may prove me wrong, but I don't expect any of those 3 vehicles to become viable anti-tank for grey knights.
That leaves lascannon/missile dreads. I hope I'm wrong. I don't look forward to an edition where we spam 6 dreads as our only viable anti-tank. And thats even if Ven Dreads are still a thing.
As a side note, I wouldn't be surprised if dreads can't be targeted for teleport assault. It has precedents; there have been editions where dreads couldn't be targeted for gate. But then again, there have been editions where land raiders could be targeted by gate, so who knows.
So I'm a bit worried for the future of GK into the mega-toughness tank meta, but I'm excited out the wazoo to try out the new teleport assault.
Well, if you made it this far, thanks! I'd love to know what you think, as we've still got about a month to agonize over this until the full index releases.
submitted by cemorn
to Grey_Knights [link] [comments]