Fatal accident on i 96 today
WELCOME TO THE_PACK
2016.04.13 22:39 no_turn_unstoned WELCOME TO THE_PACK
THIS IS THE PACK WE'RE FUCKEN BAD ASS AND WE MAKE BOMBASS MEMES!!!!! CUM CRANK YOU'RE HOG IN ARE DISCORD MFER https://discord.gg/thepack !!!!!!!!!
2017.07.13 19:10 ecstaticandinsatiate stories and more stories
Mostly speculative and fantasy/sci-fi short fiction, inspired by prompts from /WritingPrompts
2017.10.21 03:11 ZombieJohnBrown Toilet Paper USA
Official Subreddit of TPUSA.
2023.06.05 11:40 bakerman_jb Pending payments gone?
I bought a few shoes on the drop, and they are all currently on “In progress” on the tracker but I obviously received the order confirmation email for each, but I have noticed today all of the payments are gone now from my account, no record can be seen of them now and the balance reflects this? No change in my app or emails or on the tracking, should I be worried about this or not?
submitted by bakerman_jb
to yeezys [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:40 QwertytheCoolOne Should I feel bad and sort of self conscious about the music I listen to?
Basically my taste in music i guess isn't the best at least according to some people or online things. For example at work someone wanted me to play some music, so I put on some of the music I listen to and a Scalxrd song came on. One of my work friends made a comment that that type of music isn't art and that its basically just screaming. So I was like "can you do that and make it sound good?". Like its okay to not like a genre but to basically say a whole genre of music isn't art felt odd. Also I've recently found the bad Sleep Token. And I have enjoyed their stuff. I saw some reviews online and peoppes comments and a lot of them are saying its good but then a lot just say its terrible. Also the band Bad Omens I've also recently found and like
I know music is subjective and people will like and dislike different things, but it just seems like I get the bad music taste? Idk I've never been too big a fan of older hiphop, but I like some newer stuff. I'm not a huge fan of older rock but like 2000's 2010's and newer rock. Today at work someone was playing music and they had a punk playlist and it seemed like everyone enjoyed it, but it doesn't seem that way when I play music. Although the one person was defending my music taste for how my work friend said it wasn't art
submitted by QwertytheCoolOne
to NoStupidQuestions [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:40 AutoModerator [Download Course] Dan Khan – Income Hero Academy 2023 (Genkicourses.site)
| || | submitted by AutoModerator to HQCoursesGenki [link] [comments]
Get the course here: [Download Course] Dan Khan – Income Hero Academy 2023 (Genkicourses.site)
Our website: https://www.genkicourses.site/product/dan-khan-income-hero-academy-2023/
What You Get:
Income Hero Training Series
You will get full access to my Income Hero Training Series
This is foolproof program that will get you results within DAYS
I have spent months developing this series to make sure that each and every one of you get results
If you want to hit $10,000 Per Month FAST, this training will do the trick!
Finally access all the secrets and watch as I pull back the curtain and reveal how to actually make serious money online
Zero stress, zero overwhelm. Simply follow the step-by-step guide I walk you through and you’ll be up and running fast!
Done For You Money Pages
Need high converting opt-in pages and landing pages?
Look no further
I have created thousands of pages in my time online and I have narrowed down the best converting ones
Simply steal my pages and start earning!
60 Money Making Emails
The money is in the list. Everyone knows that.
But not everyone knows how to write emails that convert
Not everyone knows how to write emails that capture people’s attention
That’s why I am here
I’ll give you 60 money making emails that will line your wallets with cash!
Copy & Paste Ad Templates
Running ads without a proven template is just plain dumb
You are shooting blind and praying to god you land a shot
Simply use my ad templates and start getting high quality clicks and big profits!
Done-For-You Website & Email Automation
Most people give up because they are not tech savvy
Even though my course is step-by-step and easy to follow
You still need to set some stuff up
So I decided to do something. Why not let my team set up all your pages and emails?
We make sure everything is done right the FIRST time
Don’t worry about messing up, we got you!
50 Money Making Keywords
There’s nothing much to say here
I’m going to give you 50 laser targeted keywords right out of the gate
This will open floods of buyer traffic to your ads and get you the best results!
No more second-guessing yourself, I’ve done the hard work for you
Money Printing Proven Offers
Why Only Get Paid Once?
The secret to affiliate marketing in 2022 is to find offers that pay you today, tomorrow, 6 months from now or even 5 YEARS from now.
Don’t settle for measly 1-time commissions! We teach you how to earn $1000 commissions over and over again!
Bonuses: BONUS #1:
Solo Ads Mastery
I’m going to teach you a 1-click traffic source that is super profitable and easy to get started.
Literally push 1 button and start getting targeted traffic within seconds! BONUS #2:
Email Marketing Mastery
We all know by now that email marketing is the TRUE way to make money online
I spent a lot of money learning how to do email marketing, $20,000 to be exact.
Now I am going to spill all my secrets on a silver platter for you BONUS #3:
Knowledge Of The Future
Haha, this bonus sounds a bit weird
But let me explain
I am constantly evolving and investing in new coaching so that I can keep up with the ever-changing online world
Anything I learn in the future will be immediately added to Income Hero Academy BONUS #4:
Passive Income Machine
Dan will show you exactly how to set up your very own passive income machine that will pay you FOREVER!
This technique is completely underground and not many marketers know about this method
We make $3,000 per month on autopilot!
How long does it take to set up a Passive Income Machine?
How does 5 minutes sound?
Why do I call it “Expenses Slayer”? Because this pays for all my expenses in my daily life so I can use the rest of my money to invest in my business or to enjoy!
If you're wondering why our courses are priced lower than the original prices and are feeling a bit suspicious (which is understandable), we can provide proof of the course's contents. We can provide a screenshot of the course's contents or send you a freebie, such as an introduction video or another video from the course, to prove that we do have the course. Should you wish to request proof, we kindly ask you to reach out to us.
Please be aware that our courses do not include community access. This is due to the fact that we do not have the authority to manage this feature. Despite our desire to incorporate this aspect, it is, unfortunately, unfeasible.
Explore affordable learning at Genkicourses.site
🎓! Dive into a world of quality courses handpicked just for you. Download, watch, and achieve more without breaking your budget.
2023.06.05 11:40 SubstantialTeach3031 32 [M4F] UK/Online - Take a leaf of paper and draw your mind
I'm your classic run of the mill 32 year old British guy. Average and normal in almost everyway really, you can probably guess my hobbies (live music, cooking, football, reading etc etc etc.). That doesn't mean to say I'm not easy to talk to and pretty fun to be around, or at least I like to think so.
I'm looking for someone new to chat with, hopefully find a spark with and enjoy each other's company online. I've met some really cool people in the past on here so I'm trying again today to see if my luck is in. So if you too are looking for someone who you can find a spark with, to get excited about and get lost from your own thoughts while talking to them, then give me a try and let's see how it goes.
submitted by SubstantialTeach3031
to Kikpals [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:39 O_______m_______O There was a man who was haunted.
He got up in the morning to make coffee, but the kettle was haunted.
He tried to make a sandwich, but the bread was haunted. The butter was haunted.
He put on his haunted hat and his haunted coat and went down to the bar under his haunted apartment.
"I can't offer you anything today," shrugged the bartender, "all the drinks are haunted."
An Englishman walked into the bar. A Scotsman walked into the bar. An Irishman walked into the bar.
The Englishman was haunted. The Scotsman was haunted. The Irishman was extremely haunted.
Suddenly, the man stormed off towards the restrooms - before the bartender could warn him about the haunted dog that circles the haunted toilet - but just as quickly stormed back in the opposite direction.
"I can't stay in a place like this," he complained, "the fire escape isn't haunted!"
submitted by O_______m_______O
to AntiAntiJokes [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:39 MorduhTheFurious Your favorite weapon (on main character)
2023.06.05 11:38 Altair-Dragon Religion vs Art: the latest round
submitted by Altair-Dragon
to SubredditDrama [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:38 ArmyofSpies Cardano Rumor Rundown June 05, 2023
Newly Covered Today:
- Atomic wallet got hacked. https://twitter.com/zachxbt/status/1665080799253733377
- No surprise: general interest in crypto & Cardano is still pretty low according to google trends. https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&geo=US&q=cardano&hl=en
- Here’s the Weekly Development Update from June 2. https://twitter.com/InputOutputHK/status/1665394985934499840
- The Chairs of the House Committee on Financial Services (McHenry) and the House Committee on Agriculture (Thompson) are co-sponsoring a new pro-crypto Digital Asset Market Structure Bill. Currently just a discussion draft. Here’s the summary. https://docs.house.gov/meetings/AG/AG00/20230606/116051/HHRG-118-AG00-20230606-SD002.pdf
- Here’s the actual discussion draft. https://docs.house.gov/meetings/AG/AG00/20230606/116051/HHRG-118-AG00-20230606-SD003.pdf
- Here’s a section-by-section with exhibits. https://docs.house.gov/meetings/AG/AG00/20230606/116051/HHRG-118-AG00-20230606-SD001.pdf
- Cornucopias has released more game footage. https://twitter.com/RobGreig3/status/1665310543589040130
Previously covered, but still interesting:
- Cardano Native Assets are vastly superior to BRC20 and ERC20 tokens. https://twitter.com/TheOCcryptobro/status/1655673557710692352
- Rumor: SEC is going to make a move against Binance. Will the DOJ also? https://twitter.com/AP_Abacus/status/1655546961968103425
- At the end of Q3 of last year, 722 banks reported unrealized losses greater than 50% of capital. https://www.federalreserve.gov/supervisionreg/files/board-briefing-on-impact-of-rising-interest-rates-and-supervisory-approach-20230214.pdf
- Wyoming is inching closer to a state stablecoin. IOG’s significant presence there may turn out to be a huge advantage. https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/05/09/wyoming-stable-token-a-multibillion-dollar-opportunity-as-officials-wrestle-with-how-to-make-it-happen/
- Paypal disclosed almost $1 billion in customer crypto in its latest 10-Q. https://blockworks.co/news/paypal-discloses-1b-crypto
- MiCA is shifting the balance of crypto investment to Europe. https://twitter.com/paddi_hansen/status/1655883224726241281
- Today (May 10) will be a joint hearing of the Agriculture and Financial Services Committees on Crypto. The CLO of Kraken will testify. https://financialservices.house.gov/
- This is a legit point about centralized L2s: the best ones are called Coinbase, Kraken, and Binance. https://twitter.com/el33th4xostatus/1655845787593502720
- There’s already a new version of Lace Wallet out. https://twitter.com/lace_io/status/1656347737355608066
- A nice thread on the many strengths of Cardano. https://twitter.com/TobiasIlskov/status/1656388178369212416
- Remember, lobster traps are a thing. https://twitter.com/TheCardanoTimes/status/1656064744225120257
- Today (May 11 at 1pm EST) there will be a Messari Cardano Analyst call with Charles & Frederik. https://twitter.com/StakeWithPride/status/1656272372452954112
- I think we all love it when they start making our case for us. https://twitter.com/WatcherGuru/status/1656379837823561730
- Ethereum is lamenting many of its poor design choices that Cardano already fixed. https://twitter.com/moo9000/status/1656215016016683008
- Drunkenmiller says this is the broadest asset bubble he’s ever even studied let alone seen firsthand and we’ve only had a few soft landings since 1950. https://twitter.com/Stephen_Geigestatus/1656416819312222219
- Live footage of meme coin investors accepting their ROI. https://twitter.com/KaylerSmithTV/status/1656130092966264834
- Here’s the Messari call from today with both Fred & Chaz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouUhWwF74MM
- People really seem to be enjoying the CF’s Blockchain Education Alpha Program. https://twitter.com/andreassosilo/status/1644263843743293451
- The US Chamber of Commerce brief in the Coinbase case is calling out the SEC for acting “unlawfully”. https://twitter.com/MetaLawMan/status/1656737447756038177
- About that whole self-custody thing we’ve discussed… https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine/status/1656706653801136132
- The SPO poll on K and minFee starts today (May 15)! You should redelegate if your stake pool doesn’t vote the way you would vote! https://cardanofoundation.org/en/news/entering-voltaire-poll-experiment-live-on-mainnet/
- There are also a series of forum topics for discussion of the various options in the Cardano.org forums. https://twitter.com/Lovecoach_nic/status/1657700010148896770
- Coinbase spotlights Empowa! May be the first time they’ve ever given such a spotlight to a Cardano project. Tides are turning. https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/1657081243518005254
- Wow. Leaked “Key Messages” document for the joint committee meeting in the US House last week. Best part: they basically complain about separation of powers in point three. https://twitter.com/EleanorTerrett/status/1656362002577772544
- Dr. Vanishree Rao on ZK-Rollups. https://twitter.com/InputOutputHK/status/1657778843854274560
- Here’s a new Decentralized Identity article from IOG. https://iohk.io/en/blog/posts/2023/05/11/atala-prism-pioneering-digital-identity-with-decentralized-solutions/
- There are reasons we’re in a hard capped cryptocurrency like Cardano. https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/15/business/argentina-interest-rates-inflation/index.html
- What is a dRep? This video is for you. There will be additional categories of default dReps that vote abstain or no confidence on every vote. https://twitter.com/InputOutputHK/status/1658034085401337857
- The US Dept. of Justice is officially saying they are targeting exchanges. Great. Great. https://www.ft.com/content/5aac457e-cc80-44ae-ac40-9b51d9b601a3
- Wow! Ledger just made what is possibly the greatest PR blunder in the history of crypto. Trezor will be poppin’ bottles tonight. https://twitter.com/Ledgestatus/1658458714771169282
- People are claiming that the hysteria is a misunderstanding of cryptography. But, that’s not what’s going on here if Ledger plus one of the other two shard custodians can reconstruct your private key without having to use your private key. https://twitter.com/nimuepool/status/1658517533836574720
- The Ledger Recover FAQ seems to support this understanding as it suggests you use a brand new device for recovery. https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/9579368109597
- Wow. Unfortunate timing for this. https://twitter.com/Ledgestatus/1658095051375800321
- Ken Kodama will be doing a Japanese language interview on CardanoSpot on May 18. https://twitter.com/Emurgo_Ken/status/1658838077136162828
- The stake pool operator poll on network parameters of K and minPoolCost is live. See the results here. The re-delegation phase will begin on May 25th. https://adastat.net/polls/96861fe7da8d45ba5db95071ed3889ed1412929f33610636c072a4b5ab550211
- Cornucopias dropped some new in-game footage. As expected, Solace is beautiful. https://youtu.be/j5iwNsQVMDQ?t=1846
- Wow….the Ledger shards are encrypted with “a master key that is contained in all devices”. Wut? https://twitter.com/P3b7_/status/1658809445965606913
- Sadly, the Ledger CEO seemed to be denying exactly the above just a day ago. https://twitter.com/_pgauthiestatus/1658508082941403144
- Here’s why 340 ADA minPoolCost promotes multi-pools. https://twitter.com/ArmySpies/status/1659387255537176581
- Numbers are emerging on the benefits of K=1000 over K=500. https://twitter.com/StakeWithPride/status/1659398551917727744
- Here’s the latest on the Stake Pool Operator poll. https://adastat.net/polls/96861fe7da8d45ba5db95071ed3889ed1412929f33610636c072a4b5ab550211
- Rep. Tom Emmer is trying to help crypto by cutting crypto assets out of the definition of a “security”. He creates a new non-security asset category called “investment contract asset”. https://twitter.com/GOPMajorityWhip/status/1659291641281146886
- Prof. Wadler (co-inventor of Cardano’s Plutus) has been elected a Fellow of the Royal Society joining the likes of Einstein, Darwin, Hawking, and Isaac Newton. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLOm-dWje-M
- Huge amount of voting for economic self-interest by multi-poolers in the SPO poll. Earlier today (May 21), 84.73% by stake of the vote for K=500, Min Cost 340 ₳ was multi-poolers. Only 15.6% of the vote for K=1000, Min Cost 170 ₳ was multi-poolers. https://adastat.net/polls/96861fe7da8d45ba5db95071ed3889ed1412929f33610636c072a4b5ab550211
- Large pools also voted heavily for economic self-interest with the K parameter. 70.02% by stake of the vote for K=500, Min Cost 170 ₳ was pools with delegation over 35 million. Only 30.57% of the vote for K=1000, Min Cost 170 ₳ was pools over 35 million. https://adastat.net/polls/96861fe7da8d45ba5db95071ed3889ed1412929f33610636c072a4b5ab550211
- Apparently Cardano has its own wiki now! Probably better given our previous treatment by the big wiki group. https://twitter.com/StakeWithPride/status/1660383700243329024
- Rep. Tom Emmer is getting some reactions on the bill he sponsored with Rep. Soto. https://twitter.com/GOPMajorityWhip/status/1660329932495486977
- You’re really gonna hold up a debt ceiling deal because you hate crypto so bad? https://twitter.com/gaborgurbacs/status/1660248530135515138
- Looks like a few big multi-poolers have voted in the poll since yesterday. Pretty easy to predict what they didn’t vote for. https://adastat.net/polls/96861fe7da8d45ba5db95071ed3889ed1412929f33610636c072a4b5ab550211
- Reports coming in that DCG has defaulted on the payment owed to Genesis. https://twitter.com/AP_Abacus/status/1660671386388504577
- Ledger Recover would allow governments to confiscate crypto assets by subpoena? Called “not a real concern in the end.” Really? https://twitter.com/TheBTCTherapist/status/1660677064700178436
- Frederik Gregaard on DeFi and regulation. https://twitter.com/F_Gregaard/status/1660655806709211137
- Don’t Forget, the May Cardano 360 will be on May 25th. https://twitter.com/InputOutputHK/status/1660621805017608194
- Here’s the daily check-in on the status of the SPO Poll. We have surpassed 590 pools voting (as of May 23). https://adastat.net/polls/96861fe7da8d45ba5db95071ed3889ed1412929f33610636c072a4b5ab550211
- The Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong has decided to get our hopes up with a proposed regulatory framework for crypto exchanges that could mean more trading for coins like Cardano. https://apps.sfc.hk/edistributionWeb/gateway/EN/news-and-announcements/news/doc?refNo=23PR53
- Here’s an IOG thread on the latest out of Atala Prism and Self-Sovereign Identity. https://twitter.com/InputOutputHK/status/1660904360925188097
- Here’s an IOG article on Cardano native tokens. https://twitter.com/InputOutputHK/status/1660975383997448193
- The difference in decentralization between Cardano and Bitcoin is still…laughable. https://twitter.com/StakeWithPride/status/1660979639907500033
- Ledger is finally caving (a little) to the backlash. It’s reported that they will focus on open sourcing parts of their code and only release the “Recover” firmware after that open sourcing is finished. https://twitter.com/NFTherdestatus/1661026174779420672
- Looks like the Hong Kong announcement yesterday might have been a hint of what’s coming. https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1661391542504902664
- The Cardano Layerverse is coming to life. https://twitter.com/TobiasIlskov/status/1660697833115385856
- Wow! Incredible! Thank you for voting in favor of decentralization, 1PCT! https://twitter.com/StakeWithPride/status/1661460222203002880
- Federal Reserve report debunks claim that crypto is not useful to people in the US. https://twitter.com/SebVentures/status/1661063483369177108
- The SPO phase of the poll is over. Nearly 800 pools voted. Now it’s your turn to see how your pool voted and re-delegate if you think they voted against decentralization and for their own pocketbook. https://adastat.net/polls/96861fe7da8d45ba5db95071ed3889ed1412929f33610636c072a4b5ab550211
- The May Cardano 360 is out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_bCa_xCoxA
- Charles dropped an update today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfL2U2hAGWw
- Sen. Cynthia Lummis declares her opposition to the 30% tax on bitcoin mining. https://twitter.com/SenLummis/status/1661803569341759495
- Lots of volume being transacted on Cardano recently! https://twitter.com/cwpaulm/status/1662929296329981952
- Recent subpoenas to the Python Package Index don’t bode well for those hoping to store seed phrases with third-party custodians. https://twitter.com/_jonasschnelli_/status/1662531840606093312
- Transaction volume is looking very interesting right now. https://messari.io/charts/cardano/txn-vol
- JPG Store has now launched Android and IOS apps. https://twitter.com/jpgstoreNFT/status/1663281982262919170
- It’s true. Cardano is straight killing it on the security leg of the trilemma.https://twitter.com/cardano_whale/status/1662987243655684096
- Just checked. Yep. The centralization in ETH is still staggering. https://twitter.com/StakeWithPride/status/1663222056870350848
- There’s a documentary about a 2022 Plutus hackathon in Argentina. https://twitter.com/LarsBrunjes/status/1663111319732535297
- Pavia is testing NFT gating. This could get very interesting. https://twitter.com/Pavia_io/status/1663153213988823040
- Don’t forget! We are still in the re-delegation phase of the CF Poll. See how your stake pool voted! If they were voting for their pocketbook instead of decentralization, you should re-delegate! https://twitter.com/Cardano_CF/status/1663564854572244994
- Wow! Cardano projects are doing big things these days! https://twitter.com/CardanoCrocClub/status/1663468916843114498
- The CCP has dropped a white paper on how it will develop Web 3 including NFTs and the metaverse. https://twitter.com/milestones_nft/status/1663458500922712064
- Lace is now open source! https://twitter.com/IOHK_Charles/status/1663953642045714433
- Binance is back and apparently they don’t care if someone had that ticker first. https://twitter.com/pool_pm/status/1663809731603906560
- Summon is now allowing for multichain swaps of ADA & ERG. https://twitter.com/N8iveToEarth/status/1664038846563225600
- Charles did a Twitter Space with World Mobile. https://twitter.com/IOHK_Charles/status/1663984094252810283
- Here’s an easy infographic on CIP-1694 Voltaire governance from IOG. https://twitter.com/Hornan7/status/1664007623799185409
- Apparently, Cardano sushi is a thing! https://twitter.com/Allison_Fromm/status/1663841386074976257
- This kind of sums up the problems with central bank behavior over the last 20 years. https://twitter.com/JeffWenigestatus/1664012650781585409
- Interesting news about the currency in one of Cardano’s biggest metaverse projects. https://twitter.com/Pavia_io/status/1664240389610704896
- Messari has released an article on operational decentralization in proof-of-stake crypto. https://messari.io/report/evaluating-validator-decentralization-geographic-and-infrastructure-distribution-in-proof-of-stake-networks
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics has MASSIVELY revised their figures on Q4 of 2022. No surprise, the numbers were much worse than they told us. https://twitter.com/FrogNews/status/1664253845399130113
- Looks like DAOs are getting a little hesitant about fee switches due to possible legal/tax implications. https://twitter.com/FrogNews/status/1664253845399130113
- We even have Arctic block production. https://twitter.com/Laponia_pool/status/1664226409466740737
- Questions are being raised regarding the blockspace consumption of dApps still on Plutus v1. https://twitter.com/matiwinnetou/status/1664385383122051073
~Army of Spies
submitted by ArmyofSpies
to cardano [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:37 ElegantSwine02 Broken toilet seat
Ive stayed in a hotel all weekend and its been absolutly awful. There was blood all over the bed when we first got in, the pool was filled with hair (like a shitload of hair), the fridge, and air conditioner didnt work, and the service has been awful to top it all off. But on our last day today, when i used the toilet, the seat cracked under me and while i am a heavy dude, i wasnt jumping up and down or anything. Firstly how bad is it gonna be when it comes to paying for it and if i do have to pay for it, can i not complain about the awful experience? Also how should i bring it up to the hotel? My brother is still asleep so im kinda nervous. Hes been fed up with it too and i dont know how to tell him how i fucked up. So any help would be great. Please.
submitted by ElegantSwine02
to hotels [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:37 jackpeterson1999 addons/update
Im running on version 2.1.40 for for the past 2 years and I feel like Anki has probbaly moved so much ahead. I do use a bunch of addons and I wouldnt want an update to hault that, unless, somehow I check that the addons are compatible with the update.
So is there a way to update anki with all the decks and addons I have now, but if the update is in any way or shape or form defective, I would want to come back to exactly the current version and setup of anki.
Side note: im a medstudent, feel free to mention any addons that you think are very underrated and useful. Here are some addons that I have, some are disabled, probably forgot why.
submitted by jackpeterson1999
to Anki [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:36 eieireddit Happiness Advice from a positive psychologist, The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor
Here are what I learned from a book called "The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work" by Shawn Achor.
- When we are positive, we make a success like doing well on an exam.
- Shawn’s to-do list for us
- Meditate: “Neuroscientists have found that monks who spend years meditating actually grow their left prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain most responsible for feeling happy.”
- Find Something to Look Forward To: “One study found that people who just thought about watching their favorite movie actually raised their endorphin levels by 27 percent.”
- Commit Conscious Acts of Kindness: A long line of empirical research, including one study of over 2,000 people, has shown that acts of altruism—giving to friends and strangers alike—decrease stress and strongly contribute to enhanced mental health.
- Making time to go outside on a nice day: “One study found that spending 20 minutes outside in good weather not only boosted positive mood but broadened thinking and improved working memory.”
- Try watching less TV: “Studies have shown that the less negative TV we watch, specifically violent media, the happier we are.”
- For those who worry about not knowing life’s risks: “Psychologists have found that people who watch less TV are actually more accurate judges of life’s risks and rewards than those who subject themselves to the tales of crime, tragedy, and death that appear night after night on the ten o’clock news.”
- Move: “Three groups of depressed patients were assigned to different coping strategies—one group took antidepressant medication, one group exercised for 45 minutes three times a week, and one group did a combination of both.33 After four months, all three groups experienced similar improvements in happiness. The very fact that exercise proved just as helpful as anti-depressants is remarkable, but the story doesn’t end here. The groups were then tested six months later to assess their relapse rate. Of those who had taken the medication alone, 38 percent had slipped back into depression. Those in the combination group were doing only slightly better, with a 31 percent relapse rate. The biggest shock, though, came from the exercise group: Their relapse rate was only 9 percent! In short, physical activity is not just an incredibly powerful mood lifter, but a long-lasting one. Walk, bike, run, play, stretch, jump rope, pogo stick—it doesn’t matter as long as you get moving.”
- Spend Money (but Not on Stuff): “Spending money on other people, called “prosocial spending,” also boosts happiness.”
- Use a Signature Strength: “When 577 volunteers were encouraged to pick one of their signature strengths and use it in a new way each day for a week, they became significantly happier and less depressed than control groups.”
- Where to find the Signature Strength: https://www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu/
- Align our tasks with our personal vision to see work as a calling.
- What is the purpose of this task?
- What will it accomplish?
- What does this result lead to?
- Believe in others’ potential: the Pygmalion Effect: when our belief in another person’s potential brings that potential to life.
- Be optimistic: “Studies have shown that optimists set more goals (and more difficult goals) than pessimists, and put more effort into attaining those goals, stay more engaged in the face of difficulty, and rise above obstacles more easily.12 Optimists also cope better in high-stress situations and are better able to maintain high levels of well-being during times of hardship.”
- Believe that you are a lucky person: “A researcher asked volunteers to read through a newspaper and count how many photos were in it. The people who claimed to be lucky took mere seconds to accomplish this task, while the unlucky ones took an average of two minutes.”
- Write down three good things each day: “One study found that participants who wrote down three good things each day for a week were happier and less depressed at the one-month, three-month, and six-month follow-ups.”
- Make mistakes to grow more!: “The earlier we face difficulties and drawbacks, the better prepared we are to deal with the inevitable obstacles along our path”
- Explain your past events positively: “People with an optimistic explanatory style interpret adversity as being local and temporary (i.e., “It’s not that bad, and it will get better.”). They automatically imagine alternative scenarios that make them feel fortunate, interpret setbacks as short-lived and small in scope, and see inherent opportunity where others only see foreboding while those with a pessimistic explanatory style see these events as more global and permanent (i.e., “It’s really bad, and it’s never going to change.”) In the world of sports, studies of athletes ranging from collegiate swimmers to professional baseball players show that explanatory style predicts athletic performance.”
- Set reasonable expectations for yourself and make small success:
- Harvard Business School professor Peter Bregman “Don’t write a book, write a page.… Don’t expect to be a great manager in your first six months, just try to set expectations well.”
- “Small successes can add up to major achievements.”
- Make good habits: “Habits are like financial capital—forming one today is an investment that will automatically give out returns for years to come.”
- Passive leisure, like watching TV and trolling around on Facebook, might be easier and more convenient but doesn’t provide the same rewards as Active leisure like hobbies, games, and sports. Studies have found that American teenagers are two and half times more likely to experience elevated enjoyment when engaged in a hobby than when watching TV, and three times more likely when playing a sport.
- 20-Second Rule: Preparation for a good habit should be 20 seconds to lower resistance.
- Form good relationships: “Researchers have found that social support has as much effect on life expectancy as smoking, high blood pressure, obesity, and regular physical activity.” “Studies have found that people with strong relationships are less likely to perceive situations as stressful in the first place.”
- Our external circumstances predict only about a percent of our total happiness. It means whatever your job is, you can be happy.
- Belief shapes our perception: “One study found that two people can look at the same picture of a friend and see two completely different expressions on that friend’s face.”
- Don’t worry!: “After an initial adjustment and period of hardship, most victims of paralysis bounce back to just about the same level of happiness they experienced before.”
- “Online advertisers now conduct market research with sophisticated eye-tracking machines, determined to develop the perfect place for a banner ad on a website.”
Let's discuss it!
submitted by eieireddit
to books [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:32 blakppuch When there is ambiguity in the information given to customers within your company
I work for a company that also has a physical premise and social media presence-like most companies. Don’t want to give out too much info. My role is basically an information Center with the exception of doing other admin duties. The most frustrating thing is when I’m giving info to a customer and information online is saying something different but in most cases, I know I’m right or I’m not a 100% sure. Or when the customer claims that the staff on the company premise let them do so and so-and they are probably not lying but I can’t predict that the staff today will allow them to do the same thing. It is so frustrating and at some point I don’t even bother arguing with them, and ask them if they need anything else. It’s important because the customer could be charged if they’ve done something incorrectly. I just wish this company was more organised, it makes me look like a fool lol.
submitted by blakppuch
to callcentres [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:32 ryedalekrystal It’s one of those ‘help me find a fanfic please’ threads.
Buddie thread on AO3. It’s set during 5b while Eddies at dispatch. He’s a dispatcher though.
All I can remember is that Bucks flirting with him over the radio and Hen says something along the lines of ‘I dunno cap. Dispatch is sounding particularly dreamy today.’ When they get told to knock it off.
Nothing under the ‘dispatcher Diaz’ tag is ringing any bells, or anything by my go-to authors.
submitted by ryedalekrystal
to 911FOX [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:31 Certain_Ear_3650 I (30F) hate having my picture taken. Everyone in my life including my family and my spouse (31M) ignores me and takes them anyway. Need advice before I explode in anger.
I hate having my picture taken. It make me very comfortable so I tend to avoid cameras. I believe I'm beautiful but pictures just don't come out right for me. I don't feel like I should have to justify it to anyone, if I say please don't take a picture of me - I feel like that should be respected. Sadly we live in a world where everyone wants to take pictures of everyone and everything they come across.
Over the last 15 years I've asked friends and family not to take pictures of me. I ask nicely, I've tried to explain. Sometimes I cover my face or look in a different direction. I've walked out of the room sometimes when people get to insistent. It's gotten to the point where I cover my face whenever a phone is pointed at my direction because people like to sneak candid shots since I won't pose for them. Honestly I think it's become a game to my family. Oh lets force a situation where she can't make a scene so we can get a pictures of her.
Yesterday I hosted a party and everyone wanted to take pictures. Everyone at this party knew I don't like pictures but still the phones come out and my protests are ignored. It just pisses me off so for the first time in 15 years I start yelling about the issue. Today I confronted my Dad and asked why are you taking pictures of me you know I hate them. I demanded he delete those pictures. He proceeds to ignore me telling me he was checking his email while I was talking to him. This is what started the yelling. Here I am for years being ignored about something that makes me highly uncomfortable and when I confront them I'm ignored like my feelings don't matter. I start screaming trying to get anyone to listen and they keep on telling me that I'm overreacting and we have plans for the day let's discuss it later. We were going shopping and my parents wanted me to chauffeur them and I'm like why should I do that for you when you can't even be bothered to respect me. After several minutes of being called immature I gave in because obviously no one was listening. Even my spouse was saying I was acting immature.
I understand that having an emotional outburst wasn't the best way to resolve the situation be I have been ignored and disrespected by my family about this for so long that it just burst out. I was half in tears while everyone around me was telling me to get over it. I honestly think I've been very mature asking people not to take pictures of me without getting into an argument for years. Infact I take alot of pictures even though I don't want to. I have graduation pictures because I know people want keepsakes, I personally did not take any nor do I have any copies. I had wedding pictures done since my wedding wasn't all about me and of course my family and spouse would like to have them. I've taken a picture with the bride and groom because that was their day and I'm not going to argue with them at their wedding. IDs and CCTV I don't care about since I can't do anything about that. I even send a picture of me on major holidays so that the people I didn't get to meet up with have something so they feel close to me. Every time I've given in, it's for others benefit and it's not like people don't have pictures of me that are less than 6 months old.
I intend to once again sit my father down tomorrow and calmly explain that having pictures taken of me makes me uncomfortable and if he could please delete what he has. Thank you for thinking I looked beautiful at my party but that is not an excuse to ignore my feelings and shove your camera in my face. Maybe he will listen but I doubt it since this will not be the first time I've had this conversation with various people.
Overall I need a solution. Since no one is listening to my words I think I need to take action before I snatch a phone and throw it at a wall like I wanted to do at the party. I don't want be become violent or scream just to get my point across.
I have two options that I can think of but am open to more suggestions.
First I can just cover my face. Like those face coverings that Muslim women wear. This is impractical but it's gotten to the point that I'm honestly considering it. Wear it all the time even at home so even my spouse can't sneak a candid picture. I'm sure that the next argument will be that they haven't seen my face in so long in which I would reply that they have driven me to this point. Would definitely cause problems for my marriage. Again don't want to do this but will if I have to.
The second option is the one I'm leaning towards. Whenever someone wants to take a picture don't hide or avoid, take a picture but make a silly face. If I can't get them to stop why should I smile on demand? I'll sabotage any picture taken of me. I'll hook my thumbs in my mouth and give a big joker smile. Cross my eyes. Pick my nose. Pretend to sneeze. I have no shame and I would follow through. I've been looking up silly faces. It's immature and petty just like they are accusing me of being so maybe I should just lean into it. I think I would find great pleasure on ruining something they really want when I've expressed repeatedly I don't want. The problem is people may take it as a challenge to sneak a nice picture or force me into a situation where I can't act immature. I'm 30 years old, I don't want to play these games.
Does anyone have any ideas because I don't want to implement either of these?
submitted by Certain_Ear_3650
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:31 moHITMANoj DCC, why was this revolving door necessary?
| || |
I'm usually a casual viewer on this subreddit, but I found this exceedingly annoying. Is there a reason why this revolving door was built? Been living in Dubai all my life and this particular thing for some reason annoys me everytime I see it. It stops the flow of people, especially when it gets crowded, the whole door is automatic as well, it's too slow to walk at a normal place and too fast to walk slowly without accident. submitted by moHITMANoj to dubai [link] [comments]
Am I missing a point, or is this a common thought?
2023.06.05 11:30 Negative_Difference4 Day 1 - Prince Harry versus the Mirror Group Newspapers
submitted by Negative_Difference4
to SaintMeghanMarkle [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:30 kritikal117 Spotting after a zenthai shiatsu massage
Hi all Apologies as I realise this is a bit of a specific question but I’m hoping that someone may be able to relate. I went on a wellness retreat over the weekend and participated in sound healing, holotropic breathwork and an hour long zenthai shiatsu massage. Today, I’ve started spotting what appears to be old blood (pale brown, sparse). I’m only on day 13 of my menstrual cycle. Which leads me to ask… has anybody experienced a reproductive response to massage therapy!? I don’t want to stress myself by seeking medical advice if it’s perhaps a natural bodily response to the zenthai shiatsu.
submitted by kritikal117
to Healthyhooha [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:30 AutoModerator Daily Discussion - Monday, June 05 r/FanFiction Rules, FAQs, Weekly Schedule & Current Event Threads
Welcome to FanFiction, I love you! New to this subreddit? Here are links to get you started: Rules & Overview Wiki FAQs
Got a fic to promote? Click HERE to find the current Weekly Fic Showcase thread
Current Events Click for today's scheduled threads:
Don't forget to participate in our special events:
- Excerpt Extravaganza - Share lines from fic you liked, yours or other people's.
- Thursday's Beta Bartering - Find a Beta or co-writer, Offer Beta Services
- The full Weekly Schedule can be found HERE
Got a question or concern? Feel free to message the mod team.
submitted by AutoModerator
to FanFiction [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:29 StabilozZ Bartender4 help
I'm fairly new to WOW and was trying to configurate my layout with bartender today. Now i'm facing the following problems:
- My action bar 1 is disappearing when I mount up a dragonriding mount. I compared all settings with the other action bars and they are the same so I have no clue how to avoide this.
- I made a new action bar 5 with the same skills on it as action bar 1, this one is staying when I mount a dragonriding mount, so I thought good I'll just use this one. But here I can't get the icons of the hotkeys activated. Skills does work when I press the button but I would like to have them "written down" on each skill. Even after deactivating action bar 1 they still don't pop up... Action bar 1 does have all the hotkeys on it though ....
Thanks in advance
submitted by StabilozZ
to wownoob [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:28 StoryStash Is this insurance fraud?
Anonymous profile for obvious reasons.
I got into an accident 2 months ago (I was in the right). Garage estimated the costs to 2.5k, including a new exhaust pipe because the car hit me and it's dented and scratched. I decided not to get a new exhaust pipe, but found a heat-resistant marker and you basically don't see any marks on it.
Yesterday I got back from a 7500km roadtrip through Norway. I dropped my bike a few times there. Nothing too bad, but blinker was broken as well as the front brake lever broke off. After these 7500km I arrive back in Belgium, and guess what: a car hits me at the end of my street. I'm in the right, and guy was a total dick because his front bumper of his new BMW M3 looks done for. Police was driving by and I stopped them to intervene, because I really thought the guy was gonna get aggressive.
Just got an estimate from the garage. They added the damage I've caused by dropping the bike (fix blinker and new front brake lever), as well as the existing exhaust pipe damage, saying I need a new one. I don't know if they still remember the exhaust pipe damage from the last accident.
Do I keep quiet or should I be honest?
submitted by StoryStash
to motobe [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:28 MH3ndr1ks Little bug or feature question
Bought the game on Friday and already have 25 hours in it. I made a collection point for the traps and put a trap to the left to it with the intention of playing with it later on. To my surprise I noticed that when an animal walks into is it gets send of without putting the trap in the collection point. I send of numerous animals throughout my playthrough without even being near the traps. I could be playing at the edge of the map and get a pop up that a animal was send of.
That was until today. Now it just traps the animal but does not automatically send it of. I was wondering if it is suppose to do that or did I encounter a bug that made me some handy money?
submitted by MH3ndr1ks
to Dinkum [link] [comments]
2023.06.05 11:28 SSZelbess AITA for defending my friend when my other friends are being rude
As I’m doing my schoolwork for finals, I notice I’m getting asked by a friend(1) why they got kicked out of a groupchat for me and my friends from school
I promptly went and checked out the situation and apparently that friend(1) had been making the other friends uncomfortable with his humor and how he acted during school.
I promptly defended my friend as all of my other friends besides one who didn’t give much input were going against him, and one of my friends (let’s say they’re friend 2) decided to bring up the struggles friend have doing work for the play we were working on in theatre class (the friend(1) has ADHD and have a rough home situation)
I explained friend 1’s situation to friend 2 and they promptly told me, and I quote, “Harle shut the fuck up okay? Youre not going to win this argument so just give it up” which I promptly asked what their deal was as I was not being uncivilized throughout the debate
At this point friend 2 used the excuse of being in a “really pissy mood today” which I then explained that their mood shouldn’t decide how they’re going to treat people, at which point they left the group chat and made me the owner. Am I the asshole in this situation?
submitted by SSZelbess
to AmItheAsshole [link] [comments]